Three Months in a Row –
At The Mountain
Exodus 19:1-8 NKJV
In the third month, when the children of Israel were gone forth out of the land of Egypt, the same day came they into the wilderness of Sinai. 2 For they were departed from Rephidim, and were come to the desert of Sinai, and had pitched in the wilderness; and there Israel camped before the mount [Sinai].
3 And Moses went up unto Alahim, and Yahuah called unto him out of the mountain, saying, Thus shall you say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel; 4 You have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles’ wings, and brought you unto Myself.
5 Now therefore, if you will obey My voice indeed, and keep My covenant, then you shall be a peculiar treasure unto Me above all people: for all the earth is Mine: 6 And you shall be unto Me a kingdom of Kohens, and an qodesh (holy) nation. These are the words which you shall speak unto the children of Israel. 7 And Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before their faces all these words which Yahuah commanded him. 8 And all the people answered together, and said, All that Yahuah has spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto Yahuah. Exodus 19:1-8 KJV
Evidence for Three Months
The Israelites never broke camp heading for parts unknown under their own leadership. Rather, Yahuah used the pillar of cloud by day and fire by night to lead them. Sometimes they traveled by day and sometimes by night, but always led by Yahuah according to His timing. Because it is stated to be the exact same day, then by default it must be the date of the 15th. The date of the 15th would include both daylight and night counting from the New Moon day. If it can be established which day of the week the 15th fell on, then it is possible to connect all the other dates of that month with the proper days of the week.
Unfortunately, there is no statement in the entire book of Exodus that states upon which day of the week the 15th falls. So the question is this, “Is this third month in a row identical to the preceding two months, as it is identified as the anniversary of the 15th of First Month when Yahuah had led them out of Egypt by night? To place this thought beyond question, the third month, like the two before it, must be established entirely on its own inherent attributes as given in the Scriptural narrative.
The Week According to Genesis
Six work days plus one Sabbath day equals one complete week. This was the template that Yahuah ordained at Creation. The Creator’s weeks will never include New Moon days or translation days, because they are not the days specified in the equation.
0 (New Moon days are not to be counted)
0 (Translation day and 30th day of the month are not counted)
6 work days
+ 1 seventh-day Sabbath
= 7 (6 work days + 1 Sabbath) = 1 Sabbath Complete (perfect)
The Count to the Feast of Weeks
In Yahuah’s providence, He provided the evidence and key necessary to unlock this third month in a row, in the book of Leviticus. Leviticus 23:15-22 declares an annual Feast day that can only be found by counting all the Sabbaths from the 16th of the First Month through the Second Month, the Third Month, and all of the Fourth Month. This Feast is known as the Feast of Weeks, Shabuoth, or Pentecost. It is this timely and unique puzzle piece that sheds light on exactly which day of the week the 15th falls. While the details of the count to the Feast of Weeks (Pentecost) had not yet been given to the people at the time of their arrival at Mt. Sinai, they were given shortly thereafter, following the giving of the Ten Commandments.
Yahuah was very specific as He clarified in verse 15 to only count “Sabbaths complete.” This literally includes seven sets of “full weeks,” which is 7×7=49 days, PLUS 7×7=49 plus one day. This excludes the counting of the New Moon days and the translation (30th) days, which are never days of the week. Full weeks consist of six work days followed by their respective seventh-day Sabbaths as illustrated in the image above of the Genesis week. It was not Yahuah’s intention that every single day of the month was to be counted for the very purpose of illustrating that the New Moon is neither a week day nor a Sabbath, and illustrates that it is responsible each lunar month for refreshing the week cycle. If simply counting 49 plus 50 days was all that was necessary, no other specific details would have been given. Thirdly, Shabuoth is called Feast of Weeks or more correctly, Feast of Sabbaths in the Tanakh because of the very nature of only counting full weeks of Sabbaths only.
First and foremost, the true calendar must be established as the foundation upon which to locate this Feast of Shabuoth (Sabbaths) correctly. Neither the Julian nor the Gregorian calendars existed at the time that the Feast of Shabuoth was instituted by Yahuah. Also, it is utterly impossible to count to the Feast of Shabuoth by using any other calendar other than the Scriptural mandated astro-luni-solar calendar, as it is the only one that fits all the criteria of the Sanctuary model.
15 And you shall keep count from the day after the Sabbath, from the day that you brought as a sign the wave sheaf, seven Sabbaths shall be kept whole and complete. 16 Even FROM the day after the Sabbath of the seventh, you shall count out fifty [additional] days, and you shall present the NEW MOON OFFERING unto Yahuah . . . 21 And you shall proclaim and keep it according to the ”WAXED MIGHTY” on the selfsame day that the sacred and set-apart assembly occurs; for as all work, service and business employment shall NOT be done by you as a commandment of eternal perpetuity in all of your assemblies, and for all of your habitations. Leviticus 23:15-16, 21 The Creator’s Calendar New Restored Text
Step by Step Details
- In Verse 15 – Begin counting on the 16th day from New Moon of the first lunar month. The 16th day is always the first day of the week, because it always follows a seventh-day Sabbath on the 15th.
- Count seven weeks of Sabbaths is a total of 49 days ending consistently on the seventh-day Sabbath, which is the 8th day of the Third Month.
- Only count Sabbaths complete, which is six work days and one Sabbath. Never count New Moon Days or Translation days, as these are not Sabbaths or six work days in a row.
- Verse 16 says, “Even from the day after the Sabbath of the seventh, you shall count out fifty [additional] days, and you shall present the New Moon offering unto Yahuah. Thus, we must add 50 days or (seven more weeks plus one day) to the count, making it 99 days or (essentially 14 Sabbath’s complete), which was designed to occur consistently on the full New Moon day of the Fifth Month.
- Also in verse 16 we find that the reference to a “new” (chadash חדש #2319) was intended to mean New Moon offering (chodesh חדש #2320). Proof that the term was never intended to be the word “new” comes from the fact that this Hebrew word has a suffix (ה) attached that defines it as singular. The word “new” (chadash #2319) is always singular and never needs instruction to define it as singular or plural. However the New Moon (chodesh חדש #2320) can be either singular or plural and does require a suffix (ה) for instruction.
- The words meat/grain offering were inserted by the translators and do not exist in the original Hebrew. This is the nail in a sure place that establishes that the count is not a mere 50 days after all, but rather one that spans the longer period of time allowing it to occur at the time of the New Moon day of the Fifth Month.
- Verse 21 continues with the details of this Count of Shabuoth clarifying that the “waxed mighty” is to be proclaimed on the selfsame day as this sacred New Moon assembly, in which we are to bring a New Moon offering, as stated in verse 16. This verse profoundly identifies the full moon as the true New Moon, which has all this time been hidden under the rubble of translation errors.
- Also according to verse 21, this is a commandment of eternal perpetuity in all your assemblies and habitations. So it is that this feast and no doubt all the others was designed to continue as long as sin endured among the generations of earth. Yet, it is even possible that after the Messiah’s second coming it will be kept perpetually into the millennial Kingdom to come and the earth made new as ruled by Yahusha our Messiah and King of Kings.
Yahuah uses these eight points to punctuate through this count to Feast of Shabuoth, His ordained lunar week and sacred Sabbath is reckoned by the very same full New Moon as all the yearly appointed Feast Days. This is demonstrated and clarified by this count being fixed simultaneously to both the 1) date of the lunar month, counting from the First New Moon day of the year to the Fifth New Moon day, as well as 2) fixed to the Sabbaths complete, each and every year.
How can it be declared that the Sabbaths have nothing whatsoever to do with the Feast Days, when they are the very ordained units of time whereby we must count to this sacred and set-apart Feast of Shabuoth?
In relation to the three months in a row, it has just been demonstrated that the first seven weeks ends on Sabbath the 8th day of the Third Month, causing the other Sabbaths to occur on the 15th, 22nd, and 29th. While at first glance this may appear to be circular relativity, it is the second set of seven weeks and a day (50 days) that was designed to fall directly on the Fifth New Moon. This alone gives weighty evidence for an entire five months in a row that the Sabbaths are unequivocally set-apart as lunar. Refer to: The Count to Shabuoth.
According to the weight of evidence as given here by these “three identical months in a row”, unbroken chains of continuous weekly cycles do not exist in the Scriptural calendar as given by Yahuah at creation. This belief that a continuous and unbroken chain of weeks began at creation and has continued until now on the modern Roman calendar, is based wholly on assumption and Roman tradition. The evidence from Scripture tells a far different story. These “three months in a row” are identical by divine design and demonstrate that unbroken continuous weekly cycles do not exist nor ever have existed on the Creator’s astro-luni-solar time measuring system.
The reason that this can be established as the very calendar since the time of creation is contained in the evidence that Yahuah was now re-clarifying His time principles that rule in the shamayim as He was bringing the Israelites out of bondage and preparing them for the Promised Land. What was to be re-clarified were the principles since the time of Creation that are two-fold via the Torah’s Statutes and Judgments. The Laws contained in the Statues of the Torah are those principles that define all Yahuah’s UNITS OF TIME as proclaimed from the shamayim for work, worship, and qodesh Feast Days. The Judgments are the laws regulating everything else including the Ten Commandments. Both of these are light from above shattering the darkness of error.
These same truths brought to the hearts and minds of His people today are what will give them courage and strength to break the pagan ties that would entrap them as well. Yahuah’s remnant will with loving obedience worship Him and Yahusha the Messiah on the correct ordained and appointed calendar model, and observe His sacred and set-apart Feast Days, His New Moon days and His true astro-luni-solar seventh-day Sabbaths here on earth and then throughout eternity.
“Assuredly, according to the order of the shamayim (starry abode), the New Moons, and the earth: The New Moon that I appointed and set in order remain firmly the chief corner [stone],” declares Yahuah. Wherefore, it establishes and confirms your name along with your children.” And it shall come to pass according to its abundance— New Moon by New Moon you shall keep; and according to its abundance— Sabbath by Sabbath you shall keep. And I shall lead all flesh to prostrate in worship, according to this chief corner [stone],” declares Yahuah. Isaiah 66:22-23 The Creators Calendar New Restored Text
Arriving at Mt. Sinai on the Night of the 15th
By way of the count to the Feast of Shabuoth, both the 8th and the 15th day of the Third Month have been established as seventh-day Sabbaths. With this in mind a question one might ask is: “Did Yahuah cause His people to break the Sabbath by traveling and pitching tents during the very time He was sending them manna from above each morning except Sabbath?” Traveling on the Sabbath as well as setting up camp would certainly have been more work than gathering manna or preparing food, which He strictly forbade. So there appears to be a dilemma. From both Deuteronomy and Numbers it is evident that He led the Israelites on several occasions through the wilderness, not only by day, but also by night.
Who went in the way before you, to search you out a place to pitch your tents in, in fire by night, to show you by what way ye should go, and in a cloud by day. Deuteronomy 1:33
And so it was, when the cloud abode from even unto the morning, and that the cloud was taken up in the morning, then they journeyed: whether it was by day or by night that the cloud was taken up, they journeyed. Numbers 9:21
These two examples verify that traveling at night from one location to another did occur. It is likely that the Israelites both traveled and arrived at Mt. Sinai on the night of the 15th of the Third Month. For the very reason that each civil lunar date commences with the daylight and is followed by the night makes this feasible. And especially in light of the discovery that there are only 12 hours of daylight attributed to the sacred seventh-day Sabbath and not 24. In this way Yahuah protected His Sabbath so Moses and the Israelites were able to keep it sacred unto Yahuah. In other words, Israel first rested on the Sabbath of the 15th before they journeyed and arrived at the base of Mt. Sinai during the night of the 15th of the Third Lunar Month.
Remember, Passover was a 24 hour period that began at sunrise on the 14th and ended at sunrise of the 15th, which was Sabbath. As a result, Israel left Egypt on the night of Abib15 that followed the daylight of the 15th, because the daylight period was the sacred Sabbath.
The very next month although Israel complained of hunger on the 15th day, Yahuah sent quail for food just after sunset of the 15th. The very next morning, the sunrise of the 16th they discovered Yahuah had sent Manna.
There are several points regarding the New Moon days that should be considered. It must be clarified that the New Moon day is never a seventh-day Sabbath. The New Moon day is the first day of the count of each month, but is not part of the count of week days (Ezekiel 46:1). There is no directive from above with a “thus said the Yahuah” on how manna was to be gathered for the New Moon days.
We do know that manna fell for 40 years while the Israelites wandered in the wilderness. Simply because it is not clearly identified as to how to approach the New Moon day by gathering manna or not gathering manna, does not mean the New Moon day was not used to designate the weekly cycles and Sabbaths. One thing is certain: there was never a command that this re-clarified timing for the week was not to be governed by the New Moon. Of equal importance, there is also no Scriptural command stating that weeks were to cycle in an unbroken continuous chain. The continuous weekly cycle has been assumed to be true, as it has been in harmony with the only calendar of the BEAST that was followed or wondered after by the whole world.
Since the full New Moons are not seventh-day Sabbaths, it appears plausible that the Israelites kept each New Moon day as a day of fasting.
Each New Moon was celebrated with a fast. Jewish Family Celebrations, p. 35.
. . . The sacred festival of the new moon, which people give notice of with trumpets, and the day of fasting, on which abstinence from all meats and drinks is enjoined . . . Philo Book 26, p. 159
The sacred and set-apart Feast Days were kept at their appointed times beginning that very First Month of Abib. And it cannot be overlooked that the Feast Days boldly declare in detail the astro-luni-solar calendar layout, including the New Moon Days, work days, and the seventh-day Sabbaths.
From the evidence provided by Moses, it is apparent that these first three months in a row had identical Sabbath calendation, and should be a signal that the calendar of Scripture and the Roman Gregorian calendar are not one and the same. After all, two identical months in a row rarely happen on our modern calendar, but never three, for it is strictly impossible. Note in the small calendars below that the 30th day of each month has no effect whatsoever upon the week cycle, as this is entirely regulated by the New Moon.
You simply cannot add up the date and time details in each of these three months and come up with any other calendar structure other than that of the Creator’s astro-luni-solar calendar design. It is too divinely unique to be of a man-made origin. Man-made calendation tends toward human convenience and rebellion to the Creator, by setting up holidays that are not sacred to the Eternal Yahuah. The Creator’s astro-luni-solar calendar proactively teaches mankind that the only way to salvation. His sacred Feast Days instruct in His detailed plan to restore mankind into His image. His true seventh-day Sabbaths are by their very design, a sign of allegiance to our Creator and His true calendar.
The “day” was divinely ordained by the Creator to begin at sunrise by the giving of the manna, and was to end at sunset as He demonstrated by sending the quail after the Sabbath hours had passed. He was particular and detailed as He restored to Moses and the Israelites His calendation details, of which the foundations had been appointed at creation. His ordained time system had been lost over the years of Egyptian captivity. This was not a new time system He introduced to Moses, but a re-clarification of the original. The same is true today, as this is not an introduction to a new time measuring system, but rather it is a return to the Creator’s ordained and sanctified astro-luni-solar calendation system borne out first in Genesis and then in Exodus.
It has been said, “a picture is worth a thousand words”, and below are three amazingly harmonious illustrations for comparison of the Creator’s three identical calendar months in a row. The New Moons and Sabbaths all line up in their appointed order. These three illustrations represent the weighty evidence that the Creator’s calendar is divinely designed.
First Month – Passover and the Exodus Second Month – Manna from the Shamayim Third Month – Arrival at Mt. SinaiIf the Creator restored the exact timing of the creation week to Moses and the Hebrew people, then perhaps His people today should take notice. When a thing is restored, by definition, it is being brought back to its original state. Additionally, it would only make sense that Yahuah would choose to do His re-clarification in perfect rhythm with the time signature of His creation week.
“The New Moon, ‘this one’ is the beginning of the lunar months. It is FIRST IN ORDER according to the lunar months for the revolution of a year.” Exodus 12:2
Third Month Conclusion
- The modern Roman Gregorian calendar is not one and the same as that of Scripture, because it is an utter impossibility for it to have three consecutive months in a row that are identical. Specifically, this means that because the weeks float throughout the months it is not possible to have the days of the week match the days of the month for three consecutive months. Exodus 12, 16, and 19
- Yahuah’s monthly calendar structure begins with a New Moon Day followed by four successive fixed weeks, each and every month. This is self-evident in each of these three months by using the dates that were provided. First these dates locate the Sabbaths, and then by counting backwards the New Moon Day is defined. In each case the first day of the first week of each month is actually the second day of the month. Therefore the first day of the month (New Moon day) is never the first day of the week. Exodus 12, 16, 19.
- Other than in these three months, Yahuah’s true seventh-day Sabbaths cannot be located without first locating the New Moon. Exodus 12, 16.
- The continuous weekly cycle is a myth created by the Romans to bolster their Gregorian successive week calendar. Exodus 12, 16, and 19.
- The modern translations of the Genesis account defines the day as evening and morning, but this is not entire accurate. A day is a 12 hour period, while a 24 hour civil date includes both the day and night in that order from sunrise to sunrise. Refer to article, A Day in Genesis.
- The night is separate from the day and reckoned by four watches: the Even Watch, the Midnight Watch, the Cock Crowing Watch, and finally the Morning Watch. Genesis 1:3-5; Mark 13:35.
- The sacred hours of the Sabbath, begins at sunrise and ends at sunset according the Scriptural rendering. Genesis 1:3-5; Exodus 12, 16, and 19.
- Through the details of the night of Passover and the giving of manna the following month, the parameters of the Sabbath day is verified to begin at sunrise and end at sunset, including only the “daylight” hours of radiant sunshine. Compare Exodus 12 and 16 with Genesis 1:3-5.
- The seventh-day Sabbath is fixed into each month on the 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th. Genesis 1:5
- Through the details of Passover, the Exodus, the giving of the quail, and the arrival at Sinai, Yahuah demonstrated that Sabbath never includes any part of the darkness of night, but is only the “daylight hours.” Ex. 12, 16, and 19
- The seventh-day Sabbath is neither Saturday nor Sunday. Exodus 12, 16, 19
- The count to the Feast of Shabuoth presents weighty evidence that the seventh-day Sabbath was ordained to be counted from each New Moon day. It also establishes the four months in a row as confirmation of Yahuah’s ordained astro-luni-solar calendation system. Exodus 19 and Leviticus 23:15, 16.
- With our new understanding of the count to Shabuoth, with the inclusion of an additional 50 days, these weeks envelop the Fourth Month as well. Identifying that not only three months in a row in which the Sabbaths are dated the 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th, but four months in a row.
- Yahuah restored to Moses and the Israelites the same calendation structure that He had given to Adam and Eve at Creation, only with a few added details. If the calendar structure had not been precisely the same for Genesis and Leviticus, Moses would have questioned Yahuah. Since Moses was the one who recorded the Creation story along with Exodus and Leviticus alike, we can be certain that they were in perfect harmony. Exodus 12:1-3